Saturday, February 12, 2011

-V's Netflix Dequeued: RED Blu-RAY


What do you get when you mix Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Karl Urban, Morgan Freeman, and Richard Dreyfuss with a script that looks like it was inspired by "The Whole Nine Yards"?

You get a quirky action comedy that's just as fun, exciting, and re-watchable!

Robert Schwentke, does an excellent job directing. The action flows smoothly with plenty of places to let you catch your breath.

The entire cast plays the comedy straight and does a fantastic job. I never imagined John Malkovich or Richard Dreyfuss as action stars but they totally pull it off.

The shots are colorful. The camera work is dynamic and inspiring.

The effects hold up very well on Blu Ray, although I could tell the muzzle flash was composited in at times (getting to know AfterEffects has destroyed my ability to fully appreciate visual effects sequences).

I have no idea why I never heard of this movie before. IMDB gives it a 7/10 and I say that's a bum rap!

I give it a 9/10 personally. If you liked The Whole Nine Yards, you'll love this.

I'm not going to give you a breakdown of the story because I think the trailer does a fantastic job. If you like the trailer. You'll love the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment